As a club we are committed to respecting your privacy and this notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect before, during and after your membership with the club. If you have registered with the club then this notice applies to you and explains how we comply with the law on data protection, what your rights are and for the purpose of data protection we will control any of your personal information. Reference to we, our or us in this privacy notice are to Belper Marlin Swimming Club and we have appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with data protection laws and they will work closely with the committee who have overall responsibility for the data law, protection compliance in our organisation.
Contact details set at in the contacting us section are at the end of privacy notice.
Personal Information we may collect from you
As part of your membership with us you may provide us with or obtain Personal Information about you, such as information regarding your:
1) Personal contact details that allows us to contact you directly such as name, title, email addresses and telephone numbers;
2) Date of birth;
4) Membership start and end date;
5) Records of your interactions with us such as telephone conversations, emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us;
6) Records of your attendance at any events hosted by us;
7) Images in video and/or photographic form and voice recordings;
8) Details of next of kin, family members, coaches and emergency contacts;
9) Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records, medical records and health professional information;
10) Where we collect your information;
We typically collect personal information about our members when you apply to become a member of the club. When you purchase any services or products we offer, when you make a query and/or complaint or when you correspond with us by phone, email or in some other way.
How long do we keep Personal Information for?
We will retain all physical and electronic records for 1 year after your last contact with us or the end of your membership.
Where you have given us your consent to use your personal information in a particular manner, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, which you may do so by contacting us as described in the “Contacting Us“ section below.
It is important to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date and you should let us know if anything changes for example if you change your phone number or email address. You may be able to update some of the personal information we hold about by using the details set out in the “Contacting Us” section.
You have the following rights in the relation to your personal information
1) The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
2) The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
3) The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
4) The right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances.
5) The right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met.
6) The right to object to the processing of your personal information.
7) The right to request that we transfer elements of data to you.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time, when we change this notice in a material way we will update the version date at the bottom of this page. For significant changes to this notice we will try to give you reasonable notice unless we are prevented from doing so. Where required by law we will seek your consent to change in the way we use your personal information.
Your privacy is important to us. We would like to send you additional information that is relevant to you. By replying to this email you consent to receive information about our upcoming events, offers and ways for you to get involved with the sport by email. We will not pass your details to third parties. You may opt out of receiving these communications at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you, please email email@example.com
Version dated 24th May 2018
The table below describes the main purpose for which we process your personal information, the categories of your information involved and our lawful basis for being to do this.
We'd love to have you with us
Fill in this form to start the registration process